Rivals' Week is a new themed event in Pokémon Go.
As well as this, expect new Rivals' Week field research, as well as a change in creatures appearing in the wild, eggs, and raids.
There's also a Global Challenge to track and participate in - with a bonus awarded to all players upon its completion.
On this page:
Rivals' Week research tasks in Pokémon Go
There is no research quest for the Rivals' Week event - instead, there are field research tasks to pick up from spinning PokéStops.
Each of the following will be tagged with 'event' so you know it's part of Rivals' Week.
Here is the Rivals' Week field research tasks and their rewards:
- Catch 3 Fighting-type Pokémon reward - 1x Revive, 3x Super Potion or 2x Hyper Potion
- Catch 6 Fighting-type Pokémon reward - Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan encounter
- Catch 15 Fighting-type Pokémon reward - Zangoose or Sepviper encounter
- Battle in the Go Battle League reward - 20x Lopunny Mega Energy
- Win a Raid reward - Skrelp or Clauncher encounter
Thank you to SilphScience from reddit for the help with the above information.
As always, these tasks can be saved and completed after the event ends, but you can only collect them while it's running.
Everything else we know about the Rivals' Week event, including the Global Challenge, in Pokémon Go
Aside from the above Rivals' Week field research, there are several other activities going on, including:
- Rival-themed Pokémon spawning in the wild - including Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee (also available in research), Makhuita and Meditite, Magmar and Electrabuzz, Nidoran (M) and Nidoran (F) - as well as a rare chance of encountering Skrelp and Clauncher.
- Changes in 5km Eggs during the event, which follow a similar theme as the above spawns - with Zangoose and Seviper, Makhuita and Meditite, Elekid and Magby, Tyrogue and Machop featuring.
- The arrival of legendary Therian Forme Landorus, many of the above spawns, and most importantly, new additions Skrelp and Clauncher, in Raids.
- Beyond the game itself, there Global Challenge in the Event tab which tasks players collectively completing 40 million raids. The reward? 2x Catch Stardust until the event ends. You can track how many you have personally done in the event - and how you stack up against your friends, too.
- Finally, we were originally meant to be see an uptick in Go Rocket encounters - but they have been disabled on the event's debut due to developer Niantic "investigating errors".
We're on it, Gustavo! Our team is investigating errors associated with Team GO Rocket encounters, that's why they are temporarily unavailable. We'll update as soon as we have more information to share, stay tuned. We apologize for any inconvenience! ^PD— Niantic Support (@NianticHelp) April 13, 2021
That's your lot. For those fleshing out their Pokédex, the likes of Therian Forme Landorus and new additions Skrelp and Clauncher are the ones to look out for - as well as the 'Win in the Go Battle League' research for those yet to gather enough Lopunny Mega Energy to evolve one.
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! The Halloween event is now live! You can complete the What Lies Behind the Mask research, evolve Galarian Slowking and compete in the Halloween Cup! Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Phantump and Pumpkaboo can now be caught in Pokémon Go!
Rivals' Week event dates and times in Pokémon Go
The Rivals' Week event in Pokémon Go is available from Tuesday, April 13th at 10am local time to Sunday, April 18th at 8pm local time.
It's likely Skrelp and Clauncher will still be accessible in some form once it ends - but it's worth tracking them down now, and their associated evolutions, while they are more available.
Therian Forme Landorus, meanwhile, will return later as all Incarnate Formes enter raids from Tuesday, 27th April.
Enjoy the event!