Destiny 2's Nightfall activity gives you the opportunity to unlock a number of rare weapons.
Each season, there is a rotation of weapons that can drop from the end of the strike, with one being highlighted per week.
The higher the challenge, the higher the drop rate - with Adept versions being available in the second half of seasons for those who really want a challenge (and a reward to match).
On this page:
Destiny 2 Nightfall weapon schedule: What is the Nightfall weapon this week?
Destiny 2's Nightfall weapons work on a schedule, with three weapons rotating in sequence each week.
The Destiny 2 Nightfall weapon schedule is as follows:
- July 6th to July 13th - Plug One.1 (Adept available)
- July 13th to July 20th - Hung Jury SR4 (Adept available)
- July 20th to July 27th - Uzume RR4 (Adept available)
- July 27th to August 3rd - Shadow Price, Palindrome, The S.W.A.R.M.* (Adept available)
- August 3rd to August 10th - Plug One.1 (Adept available)
- August 10th to August 17th - Hung Jury SR4 (Adept available)
- August 17th to August 24th - Uzume RR4 (Adept available)
- August 24th to August 31st - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- August 31st to September 7th - Hung Jury SR4, The Hothead
- September 7th to September 14th - The Comedian, Uzume RR4
- September 14th to September 21st - The Palindrome, The Swarm
- September 21st to September 28th - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- September 28th to October 5th - The Hothead, Hung Jury SR4
- October 5th to October 12th - Plug One.1, Uzume RR4
- October 12th to October 19th - The Palindrome, The Swarm
- October 19th to October 26th - The Comedian, Shadow Price
* These are Nightfall weapons from the previous season.
Note the schedule got 'reset' with update 3.2.1 on July 6th when a fourth week was added, according to Bungie - so if you planned out your farming weeks in advance, double check the dates as per the above.
Regardless, remember there is only a chance they may drop - it's not guaranteed. That might mean multiple attempts at the Nightfall to get a drop (let alone the roll you want!), so patience and luck is needed. That said, as shown above, there are multiple chances to get a weapon in a season if you don't get one during a given week.
How to increase your chances of a Nightfall weapon dropping
Nightfall weapon drop rates are impacted by the score you earn (Platinum, Gold will offer the highest chances) and the difficulty of the Strike. The higher the difficulty, the more likely a weapon will drop - and is arguably the easiest way to increase the likelihood of getting your hands on one.
The Nightfall difficulty adjusts drop rate as follows:
- Adept - Rare
- Hero - Uncommon
- Legend - Common
- Master - Common
For example, you can see the Uzume RR4 drop at the end of this Platinum (solo!) Nightfall run by Esoterickk on YouTube:
Note that though your chances will increase, they will still be rare; rates continue to be arbitrary at best, and developer Bungie is yet to provide any official info on them. Relying on luck is something Destiny players are already accustomed with, but currently, Nightfall weapons have been rather elusive. Reddit user i-dont-grok-it completed over 30 Nightfall strikes in the span of a week, around half on Hero difficulty and the other half on Legend difficulty, for a chance to unlock a Hung Jury. But still - no dice!
This year's Festival of the Lost has arrived - which includes the Book of the Forgotten and Jurassic Green to unlock. Elsewhere in Season of the Lost, there are new Exotics such as the Ager's Scepter and the long-awaited arrival of crossplay. New activities include the Wayfinders Voyage, the Astral Alignment activity and finding Atlas Skew, Trivial Mystery, Enigmatic Mystery, Ascendant Mystery, Data Cache, Parallax Trajectory and Ascendant Anchor locations. Elsewhere, we've seen new Nightfall weapons such as the Uzume RR4, Plug One.1 and Hung Jury SR4. Other recent new features include transmog and materials Synthstrand, Synthcord and Synthweave, the Splicer Gauntlet and Decrypted Data used to upgrade it.
When are Destiny 2 Nightfall Adept weapons available this season?
Adept versions of each Nightfall weapon can drop during their rotated week if you play a Grandmaster Nightfall - which is a Nightfall at difficulty above the current 'standard' gear cap. In Season of the Splicer, this is 1335, requiring a significant amount of Artefact Power to meet.
Grandmaster Nightfalls only appear during the latter half of the season - in Season of the Splicer, this is June 22nd onwards - and again, the better your score, the higher your chances will be.
Adept weapons not only have a different appearance, but they offer an additional stat boost when Masterworked and the ability to equip Adept mods - making them well worth the effort if you can take on a Grandmaster Nightfall.